Dying for a Drink: What You and Your Family Should Know About Alcoholism
by Anderson Spickard, M.D. and Barbara R. Thompson
Are you looking for the answers to these questions?
- Why do people become alcoholics?
- Is addiction a disease or a sin?
- How do you tell if someone is simply drinking too much or is genuinely addicted?
- What can family members and friends do to help stop the downward spiral of an alcoholic?
- What positive role can the church play?
- Is it ever necessary to seek professional intervention?
- Does Alcoholics Anonymous really help?
This book will give you the answers. Dying for a Drink also includes a powerful appendix worth ten times the price of the book: it is a letter from an alcohol grandfather to his ten grandchildren, explaining the dangers and effects of alcohol, and how the children of alcoholics are often highly susceptible to becoming alcoholics themselves.
What people are saying about Dying for a Drink:
"Reaches out and grabs you...should be read by every person concerned with alcoholism or chemical dependency."
- Harold E. Hughes, Former U.S. Senator
"The authors have been careful to take a very scientific approach, yet the book is easy to read and understand, with plenty of case histories adding interest. The perspective is decidedly Christian, although the reader is cautioned against thinking of solutions in strictly spiritual terms." - Christian Herald
"Undoubtedly the best book on alcoholism from a Christian perspective I have ever read."
- Archibald D. Hart, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology
"As definitive as anything I have ever read on the subject of alcoholism."
- Richard C. Halverson, Chaplain, U.S. Senate
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: MP194UPC: